- Single can mounting inline with the PCV system separates oil particles using 50 micron bronze filter
- Application specific bracket mounts
- Black hoses come pre-molded for reliable install
- Catch Can conveniently located next to the transmission
- Billet 6061 aluminum sealed can
- Defends intercooler, intake system, and essential components from oil blow-by
- Helps reduce carbon build-up on the intake valves
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Internal air diverter turbulates air longer to improve oil separation
- Filters and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The Mishimoto Focus RS Baffled Oil Catch Can is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, a common issue with direct fuel injection engines. Mishimoto engineers found that most vehicles, placing the catch can in the vacuum assisted PCV system of the vehicle will yield the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving. Where a catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the left side of the engine will yield very little accumulation on stock or lightly modified vehicles.
Having only one catch can, tied into the PCV system will, by far, work the best for the vast majority of Ford Focus RSs on the road. The Mishimoto Focus RS catch can kit uses the Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a bronze filter, and internal baffled to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. The kit comes with two direct-fit silicone hoses that connect the catch can with the crankcase and intake manifold. It also includes one direct fit mounting bracket that not only is extremely easy to install but also mounts the can in a serviceable location, right next to the engine s oil drain plug! Two plastic, 3/8 barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. Like all of Mishimoto products, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Mishimoto catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you ve seen what we ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won t want that draining back into your oil either.