"Kangaroo Paw" is a patented, high-tech disc rotor ventilation system designed and manufactured in Australia by Disc Brakes Australia and available on rotors for select applications. "Kangaroo Paw" technology delivers significantly improved braking performance. Even under extreme braking conditions. Kangaroo Paw rotor designs run cooler, are stronger, and outperform traditional straight-vane disc rotors.
The "Kangaroo Paw" design features a series of 144 diamond- and tear drop-shaped pillars and columns individually spaced between the rotor faces.
This system provides two key advantages.
First, is the ability to cool the rotor faster than ever before. As the disc rotor rotates, aerodynamic turbulence around the individual pillars and columns is generated, increasing the force of hot air out from within the internal areas of the rotor.
Second is increased dimensional stability across the disc rotor directly achieved by the individually spaced pillars and columns.
These advantages increase the disc rotor's efficiency by as much as 20% when compared to conventional rotor designs. A 20% increase in disc rotor efficiency directly translates to reduced brake operating temperatures, brake fade, disc rotor stresses, disc thickness variation, run-out and shudder.
All 4000 series rotors also benefit from DBA's "Longlife Slotted" design. The rotors are manufactured to QS-9000 quality standards using premium grade materials with a high iron content and dense metal matrix resulting in long wear and safe, consistent stopping power.
- Unidirectional slotting (left and right) increases pad bite, reduces fade and delivers exceptional braking performance.
- Slots continually de-glaze the brake pads improving efficiency and reducing rotor scoring.
- Slots even out wear across the brake pad faces, increasing the effective contact area and extending rotor life.
- Slots help dissipate water when driving in poor weather, as well as pump away dust and dirt.
- Slotting also combats "out-gassing," where gas (from the pad bonding agents) can form a cushion between pad and rotor, greatly reducing braking power.
DBA rotors are chosen as Original Equipment on many vehicles.
*SOLD AS A PAIR (LEFT AND RIGHT)